Tuesday, September 4, 2012

SORE. ~ The Self Inflicted ... Most Satisfying Pain!


 
 
 
Week 86 ~ 09.04.2012
 
                 86 Weeks ago I started kicking up my workouts to a WHOLE. NEW. LEVEL. and COMPLETELY. CHANGED. my body one S.O.R.E. week at a time!

                  I seriously have been sore for the last 86 weeks of my life! ... At least 3-4 days, out of the seven days in a week, one or more muscles in my body has been SORE!!  There have even been days when EVERY MUSCLE in my body has been sore at the same time! UGH!! ~ Those days are brutal! BUT ... I have to say that it may be painful, but it is THE. MOST .SATISFYING. PAIN. EVER! :) (That is, besides childbirth!) ;)

                  When you feel sore after a workout .. you know that you had a GOOD.ONE.!  And from good workouts, and soreness, comes change ~ change in your body that you are working so hard to achieve. 

                   I have been sore for 86 weeks and counting and have the photos to prove that SORE. IS. THE. MOST. SATISFYING. SELF. INFLICTED. PAIN.!! :)
Week 12 ~ 03.29.2011 vs. Week 34 ~ 08.30.2011 (1year ago) vs. Week 86 ~ 09.04.2012
86 WEEKS and COUNTING!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Do you or did you get soreness from latic acid build up or delayed onset muscle soreness? Did your muscles ever feel like they were locked up the day after, making it difficult to even climb stairs? And how long does it take to recover? I started a total athletic conditioning class and we started with 50 burpees within the first 20 min. Anyhow, I've been paying for it in my quads big time! They were warm like having a fever. Walking is very awkward! I'm going to stay in the class though. I'm convinced it will be worth it~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colleen! ... Yes Ive had soreness that has made normal life activities very hard! I cant recall the muscles ever feeling warm or feverish. The pain usually last about 72 hours. Sounds like an intense class ~ Hang in there cause IT WILL be worth it! Push yourself during class but dont overdue, listen to your body, and do what you can. It takes time to build up indurance in those type of intense classes, they are not easy! Where are you taking this class at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Y Homecourt in Meridian. I'm there 5 days a week in the mornings for cardio and free weights then I attend Zumba at least one night a week and just started the total conditioning class that is 2 nights a week. I'm feeling much better now and the last class was on Thursday evening. While I was super sore I cut out the treadmill and replaced it with cycling to get the blood flow going good in my quads without the impact. I learned something important about myself this last week. The challenge was real and I was in major pain and I wanted sympathy and found myself trying to make excuses to not work through it. I took a chance and did the class again on Thursday thinking I was going to be a total bomb. I did it and halfway through I noticed not only was I feeling better was I was gaining range of motion back and energy. It was a huge victory because I would have normally succombed to giving in. I'm down to 176 lbs from over 200 from last June. In size 14 jeans from a tight 18. My goal is another 30 lbs by Dec 1st. And to be able to eventually run trail runs. Thank you for your encouragement Lori!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Colleen .. Im so proud of you!! Pushing & challenging yourself is making that difference that you needed! You are figuring it all out now! It SO GREAT to hear your progress! ~ I knew you had it in you! Its great that you have a goal in mind but at the same time take it one day and one pound at a time! :)
    Keep up the FANTASTIC WORK!!

    ReplyDelete