Saturday, October 6, 2012

Finally ... MY. COMFORT. WEIGHT. once again! :)

                        


10.06.2012
 
                           If you are a friend of mine on FB then you will know that I mentioned earlier this week that I have been struggling with the numbers on the scale lately.  MY. COMFORT. WEIGHT. is 138lbs.  I feel GREAT at that weight and also feel comfy in my jeans at 138.  Well, the scale has been fluxuating between 139 - 141.5 for the last couple of months.  I couldnt figure out why, for so many months, I cruised between 135 - 138 with no problems but now have started to add a little.  Well, when I first started with my Journey (90 weeks ago and counting) I was running 3 - 4 miles on the treadmill before each of my classes that I take on Tues., Wed., and Thurs.  See, once I started working, and was working out on my lunch hour, I didnt have the time to add those extra miles in before class ... so I got out of habit of doing those extra miles each week.  Apparently my body was used to that extra burn before class, because this week I added 4 miles in before each class (so 12 extra miles) and dropped 4 lbs.  I was at 138.2 yesterday and this morning was at 137.4.  Im hoping to start fluxuating again between 135 - 138!  SO... I guess I know what I need to do to keep cruising along at my comfort weight! Cause as far as nutrition goes, Im really good with my calorie intake so I KNEW it wasnt that!  The old saying is true ... CALORIES. IN. vs. CALORIES. OUT. is where its at! I just had to push myself to get over that plateau.  To be honest it REALY ISNT about the number on the scale that defines me ... Its about where I. NEED. TO. BE. to feel great inside and out! ~  I dont think that there is anything wrong with having a goal AND maintaining it ... it keeps me focused! :)



                                                                      
       
                                This delicious salad that I created is MY FAVORITE MEAL these days! I could eat it for lunch & dinner everyday.  I dont, but I could! So simple to make... and under 400 calories!

                                3 cups spinach & mixed greens
                                1 can of Pink Salmon (skinless boneless in water)
                                1 hard boiled Egg White
                                2 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
                                2 Tbsp. of raw Pumpkin Seeds
                                lots of Red Onion!
                                2 Tbsp of  Balsamic Vinaigrette made with Olive Oil






                      This would be one of my favorite breakfasts these days after my intense workout ... Its just about 400 very satisfying and filling calories!
                               
                       3/4 cup of cooked oats cooked with 3/4 cup of 1% milk
                       topped with 1/2 Tbsp. each of Almond Butter and Honey
                                 




No comments:

Post a Comment