Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Counting Calories ... Old School!



                  Today I decided Im going back to my 'OLD SCHOOL' way of counting calories.  I have a BODYBUGG, which a a great tool for counting calories and keeping track of calories burned, but I just dont use the calorie log daily like I should.  I personally think it is more of a hassle to use than actually looking up and writing down the calories that I consume daily.  I really enjoy the BODYBUGG for being able to keep track of my calories burned and steps taken, but the calorie tracker ... not so much!!  So Im going back to my old school ways! ... I feel like I have been lacking in this lately and need to get back on track.  Writing down what I eat daily, GOOD. OR. BAD., keeps me accountable and also helps me to make the better choice when deciding what to eat.  Its amazing how fast calories add up in a day!  ~  Getting the most out of your daily calorie intake is what its all about!

                    Writing down my calories helps to keep me focused on those days that I dont workout.  Im sure Im not the only one who tends to eat healthier on the days I workout vs. my off days.  If you still have to be accountable for something on those days it keeps your mind in the right place! 

                     I suggest to anyone and everyone to keep a daily food log ... you would be amazed at what you eat in a day ~ GOOD. OR. BAD.!   I myself have a pretty good stack of journals that I have used over the years to log my food. 
Its kind of like working out, once you have made it a HABIT ...  it is NO LONGER a chore! :)


Now ... To practice what I preach!!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment