Saturday, July 7, 2012

Size WHAT??


 
            I still cant get used to my size of clothing now! ~ More so the size of my tops.  My pants have always ran smaller then my tops, so getting used to a size 4 pants seems a little easier.  But wearing a size SMALL in a womens top ~ seems so odd to me and Ive been wearing a size S womens top now for at least 8 months (size M if its a junior fit). 

            For example ... Yesterday I went to ROSS with my oldest son.  Not my favorite store ~ but he wanted to go.  Not that there is anything wrong with shopping at ROSS, I just dont have the patience for that store.  See when I shop ... I graze!  I have a hard time looking through racks of clothing ~ I prefer the clothing to be on display or have only one type of clothing on a single rack, not a variety of styles and brands.  Anyways, thats all besides the point!! :)

              So I was waiting for Corliss to pick out what he wanted and I started grazing!  Which like I said, is very hard to do at ROSS!  I happen to see a really cute BCBG hoodie hanging on an end of a rack with a pair of matching capris.... SO CUTE!  My first thought was .. I wonder if they have it in my size?.  The set I saw hanging was a size S and it looked SMALL!! ... Needless to say, I DID NOT want to look through all of the racks to see if I could find the set in a M so I tried on the S ... and to my surprise ... The outfit fit like a glove!!

               I just cant wrap my mind around the fact that I can wear a size S in ANYTHING! ~  It seems so foreign to me!  Never in this lifetime would I have ever imagined me fitting into these sizes.  I am programmed to look for size L or XL when I shop.  Ive worn a L, or larger, almost my whole life, from elementary school right on up through most of my adult life.  Even now, knowing I can wear a smaller size, I will still take the next size up with me into the dressing room ~  'just in case'!!

               It amazes me how some things in life are taken for granted by some people and for other people, those same things, are a daily struggle.  And its not just about the size of a persons clothing it could be about anything in life.

               Honestly, SIZE really doesnt matter BUT it kinda feels good for a change!!  It really threw me back yesterday when I saw this outfit as being 'so small' but it fit me just fine!! It goes to show that all of my hard work on myself, physically and mentally, is paying off !! 


Cute outfit, right?!?  Paid $45.00 for it ... tags said it retailed at $300.00 ~ WHAT??

No comments:

Post a Comment